"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." --1 Corinthians 13:13

Sunday, June 2, 2013

What if?

What if?  What if we looked at hurt in a whole new way?  What if instead of being hurt by people we saw their own hurt?  What if hurt is a message?  What if when people hurt us they are really just trying to tell us how much they have been hurt and are hurting?  This makes me wonder how I will respond to their message.  Will I multiply their hurt by returning it and taking it for myself, or will I be able to give them a whole new message--a message of love?  My prayer is that I will be able to do the latter...

 I am infatuated with healing.  This love for healing gives me dreams of nursing and caring for the sick.  However, perhaps, I have the opportunity to do this everyday with or without a degree.  Maybe healing comes when I look at the person next to me without prejudices and instead of putting up walls to protect myself against what they might do to me, bandage their wounds rather than accepting a wound from them.  My life is so precious and so are the lives of others.  I have no time to waste being hurt or hurting others.  Yes, sometimes the blows are hard and bring me down, but I desire to allow them to teach me to love more effectively in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment