"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." --1 Corinthians 13:13

Saturday, June 1, 2013

6/1/13


Congratulations class of 2013!  Today, I attended a dear friend's high school graduation ceremony.  It reminded me a lot of my own graduation one year ago.  I remember how the weeks and days surrounding graduation were consumed by thoughts of the future.  It seemed like wherever I went, people wanted to know my plans.  "What will you do?"  "Where will you go?"  So many questions for someone who knows so little about life.  At the time, I did my best to make plans that seemed to make sense.  Looking back at the past year, I am in awe of all that has happened.  While I did my best to plan a perfect future, I never would have planned for lonely nights, tears, screaming in the rain, confusion, roadblocks, detours, heartbreaks, and heartaches; but in retrospect, I realize that these are the very things that have shaped my future--brought me to where I am now.  I know that I still have so much to learn, and I realize that my life's path will continue to curve and take me places that I would never have imagined for myself. This is why I am so glad that my future is in God's hands because He sees the bigger picture and is holding my hand each step of the way as He takes me to places even beyond my wildest dreams. 

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"  --Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment